Thursday, July 22, 2010

LL Bean Signature Fall 2010 Trunk Show


Last night, I attended LL Bean Signature's Trunk Show for Fall 2010 in Portland, Maine and I was highly impressed with the assorted mixture of colors and materials that will be rolling out in the next month. As the crowd gathered in Bang Cut & Color on Congress Street to get an exclusive look at the new selections, I basked in the glow of meeting a handful of great people behind the brand such as, Laurie Brooks and Michele Parzianello to name a few. Fall is what LL Bean does best and Alex Carleton definitely delivered with this season's collection.

As you look at the pictures, I think you will find that the design team did a great job of drawing inspiration from LL Bean's deep history and extensive archives. My only disappointment was that the Saddle Shoes, which are an exact replica of the classic shoes that first appeared in LL Bean's 1940 catalog, were not available for review at the trunk show.  Overall, the show was great and here are few of my favorite things.




























































My Date Night partner: Christine from N'East Style

7 comments:

  1. I didn't really get too excited over Signature's spring launch collection, but everything I have seen from the Fall collection looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Skip. I especially love the black loafer with the brown sole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really really nice stuff. Good work, Skip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great, Skip. That second to last picture of the 3-button jacket is a must-have. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skip, two questions.

    1. Did they have the snapfront cargo corduroys?

    2. Did I see a reinterpretation of the barn coat 15-17 pictures up from the bottom? If so, was there a zipper on the breast pocket? I always hated that they added the zipper on that pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWW ISSSH! Even a streetwear enthusiast like me can get geeked over that FALL line up. Good post homie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're all over the place this week aren't you? Incredible. Any interest in scanning in the look book and sharing with the rest of us stuck at our desks this week?

    ReplyDelete