Sunday, July 24, 2011

DIY: LL Bean Moc Boots Tongue Fold


Back in '09 I figured out how to fold the tongue on my LL Bean Rubber Mocs as seen in the The Official Preppy Handbook. However, I noticed a few months ago that the tongue was beginning to unfold.  And since I wear my mocs all year around (rain or shine), I decided to refold the tongue and document the process (DIY style).

The folded tongue as seen in The Official Preppy Handbook




Start by wrapping rubber bands around the tongue and the toe.

Run the tongue under water for a minute or two.

Let the Mocs dry

Remove band and enjoy

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip, I.m doing it first thing tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a great idea. My boyfriend wears these kinds of shoes everyday. I'll definitely show him this post. Thanks for sharing!

    -Emily (www.urbanadventurer.com/blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing, I always remember my rubber mocs do that naturally over time. Then again that was in the 80's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen any of my friends wearing the navy version of the bean moc. Do any of you own a pair?

    ReplyDelete