Browsing through the Partners & Spade site, I came across some of their Identity Work and started to marvel about the wonderful world of marketing and advertising. Along with starting my own Family Law Firm, working with these guys would be my other dream job.
Andy Spade on Branding:
The bigger you get, the smaller you should act.
- Never, ever start thinking like a big company. Otherwise you become corporate, and there's no interest in that.
- Challenge it every second, every day.
- The brand doesn't have to look the same, but it has to feel the same. An element of newness and surprise is important for any brand.
- Customers should never understand the whole picture of a brand.
- They are the vehicle through which everything happens, and they define what you put out.
-from Fast Company (March 1, 2005)