Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Other Hat: A Plea for Minor League Baseball

Wilmington Blue Rocks

As baseball season officially ended last night, I wanted to make a quick plea for Minor League Baseball. Being from the small state of Delaware, all of our sports teams hail from Pennsylvania, so you can only guess how excited I was when the Kansas City Royals chose Wilmington as a place for their farm team. I have fond memories of attending Blue Rock games as a teenager and I truly believe that attending a minor league game can gives one a glimpse
of what baseball used to be before it became the big corporate machine. With great prices, tons of fun, and terrific baseball; I beg each one of you to support your local minor league team next spring! You could have a future MLB star in your backyard and not even know it (like Johnny Damon).

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. I've always had a great time at all of the minor league games I've been to. Although I think my wife is happy the baseball season is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love minor league ball, and go every chancewe get, usually single-A teams, it is a riot! And you are spot-on about it being more of a "real deal" than in the bigs.

    Great post!
    to

    ReplyDelete