Tuesday, January 12, 2010

100th Post: Forts and Giggles


Mini Fort

For my 100th post, I was thinking about writing on James Bond inspired Corvus Watch Bands thanks to L.A.S.  but ultimately I decided to post on my make-shift fort that I put together for Alex last night. And judging by the smile on his face...it was a good decision. 



So far, one of the most commented post on this blog was Our Secret Fort, because it struck a cord with many of you. And at the end of the day, that is what this blog is all about: "striking a cord." Thus, from building fort to figuring out how to fold the tongue on your rubber mocs, Alex Grant will always be a place to swing by and relax. Feel free to bring the whole family.


 
Thank you to all of my readers and followers and a special thank you to my fellow Delawareans: Delaware Blue Blazer and Joseph Gannon; Preppy Gal Pals: The Preppy Princesss, Social Climbers, Tickled Pink and Green and Summer Is A Verb; fellow Bean Enthusiast: Satorially Inclined, and bloggers who inspire me to dig deeper: Disaffected Prep, A Continuous Lean, A Restless TransplantMaxminimus and Street Etiquette.

12 comments:

  1. A fine fort indeed! Just when I thought my fort building days were over forever, my grandsons came along and I'm back in business. Enjoy your son and the fort while we enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @James
    Thanks James. Maybe I should start a fort section on this blog? If you take some pictures and add a little story about the fort, then I will gladly post them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skip- Congrats my man! Alex Grant is one of my faves due to its ability to provide secret forts and Bean Mocs! Heres to 100 more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @L.A.S.
    Thanks Lawrence. Stay tuned for Our Secret Fort Project. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pottery Barn Kids Chair---A fort standard in the Gannon household. Always finds its way into holding down one corner or another.

    Thanks for letting me be a part of AG....looking for good things from you in '10.

    Lets get this DE thing going...shall we? Very little DE style (or even style chatter)...lets change that noise.

    Joe

    P.S. LUNCH! lets get it on the books in the next 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love a good fort and a good glass of wine. xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know why it strikes a cord? Because you are an amazing father! xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fort for Alex as the 100th post: perfect. I enjoy reading your blog, and seeing what you are up to keep up the good work. And I'll second Beth's comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your project sounds great, I have both of my guys on Friday, hopefully pictures will follow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Joe
    Let's make it happen!

    @Beth Dunn
    @Brian
    Truly humbled.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I just found your blog through Brian's, and I don't know how I hadn't found it until now. I look forward to reading the next 100!

    ReplyDelete