Friday, October 23, 2009

Eddie Bauer Heritage Collection

Eddie Bauer Heritage Collection

Last night one of my favorite bloggers, A Restless Transplant, tweeted about an Eddie Bauer jacket that he found at a thrift shop. I replied how much I used to love EB during prep school and he responded "Why would you stop loving eb?" Good question. Before I had a credit card to buy anything from the LL Bean catalog, Eddie Bauer was the closest things to the outdoor/causal apparel that I wanted to wear and drive (Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition). I still have some EB shorts and sweatpants that are at least 10 years old. However, for some reason or another, I stopped shopping at EB. I just couldn't get excited about their selections. Shame on me. The Official Preppy Handbook states,
From sleeping bags to a combination stove/survival kit, and down clothing from head to toe, the Eddie Bauer catalog is the source. pg. 155
Like LL Bean and J. Press, Eddie Bauer do not follow trends but set traditions; and their new Heritage Collection is a celebration of their steadfastness. Since the first store opening in 1920, EB guaranteed all of his products and that guaranteed of "Complete Satisfaction" holds true today. And although I never took advantage of the guaranteed, "complete satisfaction" was exactly what I used to feel whenever I walked out of the store with a new item. I have now come to realize that it was not Eddie Bauer that changed but it was my personal style changed with the trends. Maybe I should also return to my heritage.

2 comments:

  1. I think we all just out grew the EB craze. When ever I go to the one up on RT1 I am just dissapointed with the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Brian! The Heritage Collection is a step in the right direction but somebody really needs to update their Brand. Maybe Andy Spade should give it a go?

    ReplyDelete