Thursday, December 8, 2011

Levitating in Tokyo


While doing some research this morning on my new camera, I stumbled upon a great Japenese site callled yowayowacamera, which depics self portriats of Natsumi Hayashi levitating around Tokyo. When asked about its orgins, Hayashi replied,
“I got [the] idea from an English idiom that says ‘to have one’s feet firmly planted on the ground’ applies to a practical type of person. In Japan, we have the exact same idiom. But I am not a practical person at all. Therefore, I try not to have my feet on the ground in my self-portrait photos to show my true self.”
Along with her great sense of style, Hayashi's pictures captures the imagination of the reader by briefly suspending our belief in gravity and the mundane. Here are a few of my favorites shots.






3 comments:

  1. These are GREAT! Thanks for sharing. I hope all is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visit this site often and I am always baffled. Great find.

    ReplyDelete